Town Ranch Event Area
920 9th St. (behind CB Community School)
Log in to Request
Crested Butte, CO 81224
|Bordered by open space, the Town Ranch Event Area is a unique venue within the town limits of Crested Butte. With 360 degree mountain views, the venue is large enough to accommodate parties of 200 people or more and is within walking distance of downtown.
Amenities: Wedding gazebo, year round restrooms, parking lot, event area
Hours of Use: Sunrise to sunset, everyday. Event curfew is 10:00pm.
|First, review the notes below for all the rules, rates and details you'll need to know prior to booking your event.
Second, submit a reservation request by logging in to your account. If you do not have an account, you may create one here. Once logged in, please click on "Facilities" then "Reservation" in the main header menu. (Please note that "Reservation" only shows up in your menu when you are logged in.)
Follow the prompts to complete the request. Please give us as much information about your event as you can in the Additional Information section.
Requests are reviewed on a first come, first served basis. Once the request has been reviewed you will receive a follow up from our office. Requests cannot be submitted more than 12 months prior to the event.
- Accessible plumbed, heated, and lit restrooms. This is sufficient for events with less than 150 people. If you are expecting to exceed 150 people, you must rent additional portable toilets.
- Electricity is available on the back exterior wall of the restroom building. The 20 Amp socket provides limited power. Warning: If you are planning on any of the following electrical systems: DJ, band, heat, multiple strings of lights, coffee makers, etc. you will need to plan on using the 50 Amp outlet and acquire the appropriate power distribution, “spider box.”
- A hose bib with potable water is available on the back exterior wall of the restroom building.
- Wedding Gazebo with each section measuring 5’ to make the inside diameter 11’6”.
- Parking is permitted in the areas delineated on the Town Ranch Event Area Map.
- Irrigation shutoff must be scheduled through the department.
- Buried irrigation lines are permanently marked.
- Restrooms are cleaned and stocked once daily. You may want to stock the restrooms with additional items as needed.
- Limited number of free parking spaces including one handicap parking space.
- Trash & Recycling - This is bear country. Trash and recycling must be removed from the area by the renters the same day of the event. Trash and recycling is not provided by the Town of Crested Butte.
- The Town does not provide or rent tents, tables or chairs. Check the Gunnison/Crested Butte Wedding Council webpage for rental options. All vendors and service providers must obtain a Town of Crested Butte Business License prior to the event.
- Tommy V Field - Tommy V Field (baseball) is adjacent to the Event Area. Baseball games may be scheduled any time. Please document the hours of your event to reduce conflicts. The greater park area is open to the public.
|Clean-Up Deposits: Failure to abide by the rules will result in deposit withholding. If the facility is in disarray when your event begins, notify the Parks and Rec Department immediately or you will be held responsible, 970-349-7197 or email@example.com. Refund checks are issued and mailed to the person and mailing address provided by the renter.
- Pick up and remove all trash after the event. No bear attractants (trash, recycling, or food) may be left overnight.
- Dogs are not allowed on Tommy V Field at any time.
- Only authorized motor vehicles are permitted on grass areas, and never on Tommy V Field.
- Do not empty ice chests on the grass.
- Large tents using stakes are permitted in marked areas only. See Event Area Map. Tents are not permitted on Tommy V Field. Renters will be held responsible for broken irrigation lines due to tent stakes.
- Campfires/Bonfires are not permitted.
- Only materials that will not leave marks may be used for decorating the gazebo, no nails or screws. Wire works well to hold decorations to the gazebo.
- Alcohol consumption shall be in accordance with the liquor code of Colorado.
- If there will be amplified sound, the rules and requirements of Crested Butte Municipal Code Section 10-9-50 (noise ordinance) must be followed. (All quiet by 10:00 pm)
|Rental times are for the full use of the area, not just the time of the event. Set-up and breakdown must be accounted for in your reservation.
Fee $500, Deposit $150 (refundable) Total = $650
You may book a one day rental if you do not plan on using any tents larger than a 10’ x 10’ “Pop-Up” style tent and all supplies (chairs etc.) will be at the site for the day of the event only. For example, a wedding ceremony only.
Three-Day (Weekend) Rental
Fee $1200, Deposit $375 (refundable) Total = $1575
This rental is for large events typically held on a Saturday. The use of the facility begins on Friday with tent, tables, and chairs being dropped off and/or set up. The facility use concludes on Sunday with final items being picked up in the morning.
Full payment of both the fee and refundable deposit are required to finalize a reservation.
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
Saturday September 19, 2020
07:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Taylor Wedding Ceremony
Saturday October 17, 2020
03:00 PM - 08:00 PM