Rainbow Park - Rainbow Pavilion
Facility Area Information
300 8th St.
Log In to Request
Crested Butte, CO 81224
|First, review the notes below for all the rules, rates and details you'll need to know prior to booking your event.
Second, submit a reservation request by logging in to your account. If you do not have an account, you may create one here. Once logged in, click "Facilities" then "Reservation" in the main header menu. ("Reservation" only shows up when you are logged in.)
Follow prompts to complete the request. Please give as much information about your event as you can in the Additional Information section.
Requests are reviewed on a first come, first served basis. Once the request has been reviewed you will receive an email notification and follow up from our office. Requests cannot be submitted more than 12 months prior to the event.
|Maximum Occupancy: 100 people
- Rainbow Pavilion always has at least 8 picnic tables. The number of picnic tables may vary throughout the summer due to other events.
- Picnic tables are 8 feet long.
- There is one 10 foot handicap accessible table.
Garbage & Recycling
- The pavilion has four bear-resistant garbage cans and four non-bear-resistant recycling bins.
- Recycling Bins accept #1 through #7 plastics, aluminum and tin cans.
- The pavilion has one large and one small charcoal barbecue.
- Large barbecues measure approximately four feet by 18 inches
- Small barbecues measure approximately two feet by 18 inches
- Leave coals in the barbecues. The Department will remove ashes as needed.
- The pavilion is equipped with electrical outlets and interior lights. Turn off the lights when you’re leaving.
- Hose bibs for potable water are available under the water fountain at the Rainbow Park restrooms.
- Rainbow Park Pavilion measures 40 feet by 75 feet
|Clean-Up Deposits: Failure to follow rules or sufficiently clean may result in loss of deposit. If the facility is in disarray when you arrive, notify the Parks and Rec Department immediately via phone or email. Deposit refunds are mailed to the address provided by the renter.
Start to finish time is for total use. This includes set-up time, event time, and break-down/clean up time.
Glass is not allowed in any Town park.
Dogs are not allowed in any Town park other than Totem Pole and Big Mine.
Amplified Sound: If there will be amplified sound during your event the rules and requirements of Crested Butte Municipal Code Section 10-9-50 must be followed. Upon completion and submission of this application, the Town will provide you with additional information, if requested. Amplified sound must cease at 8:00 pm at Rainbow Park.
Trash and Recycling: Take care of all facilities and pick up all trash after the event.
Events should emphasize increased recycling and decreased waste production. All facilities have: bear-resistant trash cans; and non-bear-resistant recycling bins accepting #1 through #7 plastics, aluminum and tin cans.
We encourage the use of recyclable or compostable items for food and drinks. However, due to bears, products used for food cannot be recycled on-site. Trash cans must be properly shut and recycling must not be contaminated.
If you feel your event will need additional trash and recycling services, you must provide it. Any trash/recycling that does not fit in the receptacles provided must be removed by the renter.
Tents: Tent use requires permission from the Parks & Recreation Office. Only “Pop-Up” Tents smaller than 10 ft x 12 ft are allowed on the grass area surrounding Pavilions and on all fields. If you need a facility to set up a larger tent you can look into reserving Town Ranch or Big Mine Open Space.
Stakes are not allowed in any park facility.
Cinder blocks or gallon jugs filled with water or sand work well to secure tents.
Vehicles: No motor vehicles are allowed inside the parks, on the fields, or on any driveways leading to the parks or fields.
|Rainbow Park Pavilion is available for rentals in four (4) hour blocks of time. This block of time must include setup and cleanup for your event. Times are as follows: 6:00a-10:00a, 11:00a-3:00p & 4:00p-8:00p. An individual or group may only reserve one block of time per day.
Rental Fees: $100.00/4 hour time block
Refundable Deposit: $100.00
Any organization, group, or individual up to 100 people who desires to use the facility.
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
There are no activities happening on the selected dates.